Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Avocado organization announces annual board election schedule
The Hass Avocado Board (HAB), which seeks to be the catalyst for fresh Hass avocados as the number one consumed fruit in the U.S., today announced the schedule for its annual board elections for open domestic Hass avocado producer and Hass avocado importer member seats and their alternates.
The annual board elections renew HAB’s leadership with members of the industry who possess the untapped skills and diversity to help move the industry forward. The Board is seeking to attract skill sets and diversity that energetically pursue its mission to support the global avocado industry stakeholders in their collective efforts toward market expansion in the U.S.
“HAB is committed on our five-year strategic plan set out in 2016 and our success depends on the leadership of our board members,” said HAB Chairman Scott Bauwens. “This is a call to serve, to share expertise in key areas that will help us maximize our very forward-focused plan,” he added.
The board election process begins today with the mailing of the announcements of open seats to all eligible producers and importers of Hass avocados, with a deadline for receipt of nomination forms on March 29, 2018. Ballots will be mailed to producers and importers by April 19 with a deadline for receipt of ballots by May 17. Members and alternates will be appointed by the USDA Secretary of Agriculture and will be seated at the board meeting in November 2018. Visit: www.hassavocadoboard.com/elections to view the full schedule and further details.
To ensure a legacy of success, the Board will focus on a long-term agenda as part its five-year strategic plan. The six strategic priorities guiding these efforts are: building demand, nutrition, supply and demand data, sustainability, industry engagement and quality.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (804) 675-8156
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: