- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Germany: 733,900 tonnes of wild carrots and carrots were harvested in 2017
After wild carrots and carrots, onions with 541,400 tons and white cabbage with 478,700 tons showed next highest yields. In total, around 3,770,300 tons of vegetables were harvested from outdoors in 2017 (+ 7% compared to 2016).
The largest acreage in 2017 was once again used for asparagus with 28,400 hectares, which represents an increase of almost 5% compared to the previous year. This was followed by wild carrots and carrots with 12,500 hectares and onions with 11,800 hectares. The total outdoor vegetable crop area increased by 7% to 128,900 hectares compared to 2016.
The greenhouse acreage and that for cultivation under high protective covers increased by 4% in 2017 compared to the previous year. On the approximately 1,300 hectares, 182,100 tons of vegetables were harvested. The largest crops of this type were 370 hectares of tomatoes, 220 hectares of cucumbers and 210 hectares of corn salad.
The yield of outdoor vegetables from farms that manage their land fully organically increased by 12% compared with 2016 to 319,100 tonnes. This was an 8% share of the total of vegetables harvested in the field. The acreage increased by 11% over the same period, to 13,700 hectares, accounting for 11% of the total acreage of outdoor vegetables.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Russia: White cabbage prices up by an average of 20%
- 2018-11-16 High prices for cucumbers and aubergines
- 2018-11-16 Mexico wants to increase vegetable exports to China
- 2018-11-16 Mini cherry vine tomatoes at Penny in new Best Moments packaging
- 2018-11-16 Tomato suspension agreement between US Department of Commerce and Mexican tomato growers remains in effect
- 2018-11-15 Italy: Outlook for the courgette campaign
- 2018-11-15 Michigan grower welcomes average year for turnips
- 2018-11-15 “Difficult start to Breton cauliflower season”
- 2018-11-15 Italy: Sardinian spiny artichoke campaign has started
- 2018-11-15 Cuba will resume hot pepper exports
- 2018-11-15 Balanced potato and onion market, below average carrot harvest
- 2018-11-15 "Few consumers still grate horseradish themselves"
- 2018-11-14 “Prices of cucumbers and iceberg lettuce rising, minimum prices for green bell pepper”
- 2018-11-14 China: Winter stock of Chinese cabbage enters the market
- 2018-11-14 "Consumption of cauliflower is growing in France”
- 2018-11-14 Green beans gear up for Thanksgiving
- 2018-11-14 Spain: COAG proposes contracts to set fixed vegetable prices
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Almeria taking advantage of Morocco's lower zucchini production
- 2018-11-14 "Jade cherry tomatoes enter harvest season, sales volume is stable"
- 2018-11-14 Celery supplies good ahead of Thanksgiving rush