- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Qatar aims at self-sufficiency in vegetable production
- UK: Aldi to donate leftover festive food on Christmas Eve
- "Paying 1 dollar less per box of bananas not profitable for agricultural sector"
- "There are so many ways to supply fruit and veg these days"
- Imported blueberries to Quebec about to come on heavily
Better water management creates more desirable walnuts
Bruce Lampinen, walnut and almond specialist at the University of California -Davis- told growers at the 49th annual Tri-County Walnut Day that optimum water management just prior to harvest will help them avoid pellicle colour issues.
Other factors that can affect walnut quality were mentioned, including leaf loss due to shading, disease or water stress, sunburn, hull damage by husk fly, disease, high temperatures during harvest, and soggy orchard floor conditions at harvest.
According to an article on westernfarmpress.com, colour problems in the 2017 walnut harvest, were the result of very high summer temperatures and irrigation issues. Sunburn was worse on trees in very wet soil conditions. There is not yet a clear connection between temperatures and pellicle issues when irrigation issues are also involved.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 “Demand for organic dates increasingly rapidly”
- 2018-11-12 Busy time of the year for chestnut suppliers
- 2018-11-01 Tree nut production to increase by 6% in 2018/2019 season
- 2018-10-31 Wonderful Pistachios partners with Universal Pictures for new promotion
- 2018-10-30 Smaller nuts make up sizeable domestic pistachio crop
- 2018-10-26 Specializing in novelties
- 2018-10-26 Chile: "Our nut offer must have a uniform and consistent quality"
- 2018-10-26 China: Shaanxi winter dates - prices increase as production drops
- 2018-10-24 "Chinese chestnut production volume decreased, product quality improved"
- 2018-10-18 New 12kg scoop-out box for unshelled walnuts
- 2018-10-18 Spain: Shelf life of figs extended by up to 21 days
- 2018-10-18 Municipality blamed for low sales at Medina Dates Festival
- 2018-10-11 Chile is starting to use bees to increase the flowering of almond trees
- 2018-10-11 Date harvest yields close to expected results
- 2018-10-08 "Customers want to know what's in it and what's on it"
- 2018-10-08 Kazakhstan project unveiled for a nursery with modern equipment
- 2018-10-02 Ukraine walnut exports reach $100.8 million
- 2018-09-27 "Snack figs are very popular"
- 2018-09-25 Egypt starts planting two million palm trees of new types
- 2018-09-21 Report: Chinese imports of U.S. tree nuts likely to decrease in marketing year