Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Slovenia needs new policies on organic farmingLast Tuesday in Ljubljana, during a panel discussion on the development of organic farming, Agriculture Minister Dejan Židan said Slovenia needs new policies that will address current challenges.
While the number of organic farms in Slovenia is increasing, the participants of the event hosted by the National Council, the Agriculture Ministry, the Association of Organic Farmers and the Chamber of Agriculture and Forestry assessed that consumers were not sufficiently informed about organic produce.
According to an article on total-slovenia-news.com, farmers too need to be constantly educated on the new technologies available.
Minister Židan noted that when earlier strategies, decrees and resolutions on organic farming were written, the situation was very different from what it is today. This is why new, updated documents need to be drawn up. According to the Minister, Slovenia is perfectly suited to organic farming and it also boasts high quality drinking water. "This can be best preserved through environmentally friendly types of farming."
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: