Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Contaminated fruit linked to two deaths
Australia: Crisis talks on rockmelonsTen cases of listeria from contaminated rockmelons have been identified in NSW, Victoria and Queensland. A listeria contamination connected to a New South Wales melon grower has been linked to two deaths in the state.
Now, Australian Melon Association industry development manager Dianne Fullelove said she would be meeting with Australian supermarkets today to discuss the best way to move forward.
The outbreak has been traced to a farm at Nericon, near Griffith in New South Wales. The grower has not supplied fruit since last Friday, and has started a voluntary trade level recall of any fruit that may still be in the market.
Abc.net.au quoted Miss Fullelove on this particular grower's situation: "He's just devastated. Nobody wants to grow fruit that makes people sick. He has a very good food safety system in place but there has been a problem and he's bending over backwards to work out where that problem is. He won't be supplying fruit until that's been sorted out."
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: