- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Contaminated fruit linked to two deaths
Australia: Crisis talks on rockmelons
Now, Australian Melon Association industry development manager Dianne Fullelove said she would be meeting with Australian supermarkets today to discuss the best way to move forward.
The outbreak has been traced to a farm at Nericon, near Griffith in New South Wales. The grower has not supplied fruit since last Friday, and has started a voluntary trade level recall of any fruit that may still be in the market.
Abc.net.au quoted Miss Fullelove on this particular grower's situation: "He's just devastated. Nobody wants to grow fruit that makes people sick. He has a very good food safety system in place but there has been a problem and he's bending over backwards to work out where that problem is. He won't be supplying fruit until that's been sorted out."
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Russia: Quarantine pest found in fresh fruit from China
- 2018-11-16 Zambia street vending ban problematic for farmers
- 2018-11-16 Romaine outbreak US
- 2018-11-15 Pictsweet Farms Steam'ables Asparagus recall
- 2018-11-15 Togo to spend CFA478 million to boost its phytosanitary control and certification system
- 2018-11-15 Australian biosecurity risks minimised with new x-ray unit
- 2018-11-12 Recall at Aldi Nord: Asparagus could contain glass splinters
- 2018-11-12 Australia: Farm worker put needles in strawberries over workplace grievance
- 2018-11-12 South African fruit and veg found in Gauteng province could be dangerous
- 2018-11-09 Bulgaria: Food safety agency recalls bagged spinach
- 2018-11-09 "Arizona leafy green industry has gone to ‘unprecedented lengths’ following E.coli outbreak"
- 2018-11-08 Jordan: Safety concerns as Syrian produce floods market
- 2018-11-08 US: Food and Drug Administration to beef up mandatory food recalls
- 2018-11-08 New Zealand: 'All avenues exhausted'
- 2018-11-06 Southwest US: Lettuce growers face more test measures
- 2018-11-05 Western Canada: Five more salmonella cases linked to long English cucumbers
- 2018-11-05 "McCain officials ignored signs of Salmonella, Listeria contamination"
- 2018-11-05 Singapore reaches top of Global Food Safety List
- 2018-11-05 US farmers markets’ food safety inadequate - E. coli and Listeria abound
- 2018-11-05 Canada herb brand Culantro recalled due to Salmonella