Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
France: New "100% pesticide-free, 100% natural" label
At a press conference during the Agricultural Fair on the 26th February, the cooperatives Solarenn, Savéol and Prince de Bretagne announced the creation of a new regional label for 2019: "Sans pesticides, 100% nature". Arnaud Letac, Quality Manager at Solarenn explains that the Breton greenhouse tomato producers are working on a common requirements brief which will "guarantee the absence of synthetic pesticides on the tomatoes". They currently have requirement specifications that "are quite close" in their steps to limit phytosanitary usage.
Pierre-Yves Jestin, President of Savéol, says that "We are creating this label so that the consumer is aware and can be reassured". The label will be used as a logo on the packaging. To start with, they hope to include 30 to 40% of their production volume within this new label and include all of their producers.
Savéol already invested in 15,000 beehives to raise 140 million insects to protect the crops instead of pesticides.
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: