Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan: 64% growth in exports to QatarFrom July 2017 to January 2018 Pakistan recorded a 64% surge in exports to Qatar, according to an official at the Embassy of Pakistan in Doha.
Citing figures from the State Bank of Pakistan, Commercial secretary Salman Ali said Pakistan exports to Qatar in July 2017 stood at $5.66 million and increased to $8.74 in January 2018. They were exceeding the $8 million mark for the first time since May 2012.
He said Pakistan's major exports to Qatar included rice, red meats, fresh fruits, vegetables, cotton and fabric of all types, leather and related articles, cereal straw and husk as well as fish and related products.
'Besides a policy of self-reliance, Qatar views Turkey, Iran, Oman, and Pakistan as the long-term source of food and other supplies,' Ali noted.
According to menafn.com, with Pakistan's current strategy to facilitate exports, some of the products in focus are processed/frozen food items, raw chicken and meat, dairy items, fresh fruits and vegetables and food packaging materials.
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: