Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan: 64% growth in exports to QatarFrom July 2017 to January 2018 Pakistan recorded a 64% surge in exports to Qatar, according to an official at the Embassy of Pakistan in Doha.
Citing figures from the State Bank of Pakistan, Commercial secretary Salman Ali said Pakistan exports to Qatar in July 2017 stood at $5.66 million and increased to $8.74 in January 2018. They were exceeding the $8 million mark for the first time since May 2012.
He said Pakistan's major exports to Qatar included rice, red meats, fresh fruits, vegetables, cotton and fabric of all types, leather and related articles, cereal straw and husk as well as fish and related products.
'Besides a policy of self-reliance, Qatar views Turkey, Iran, Oman, and Pakistan as the long-term source of food and other supplies,' Ali noted.
According to menafn.com, with Pakistan's current strategy to facilitate exports, some of the products in focus are processed/frozen food items, raw chicken and meat, dairy items, fresh fruits and vegetables and food packaging materials.
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: