Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New freeze-dried vegetable snacks on show at Southern Exposure
Expanding on its established meal solution product line, Concord Foods is proud to announce its new freeze dried vegetable snack line sold under the Concord Fresh Success brand. The new product line, available for distribution in May 2018, includes flavors such as corn and roasted red pepper with sea salt; sliced beets with balsamic vinegar; and sugar snap peas with sea salt and pepper.
In an effort to provide a clean, less processed snacking option, Concord Fresh Success Freeze Dried Veggie Snacks are made with 100 percent real vegetables and no artificial ingredients, added sugar or preservatives. The veggie snacks are a direct response to the Mintel’s 2017 Consumer Trends research stating that consumers are looking for on-trend flavors with clean ingredients as the salty snack category continues to rise.
“We have seen a continuous increase in consumers gravitating towards healthier snacks over the past couple of years,” said Charles Olins, vice president of sales & marketing at Concord Foods. “With this knowledge, we wanted to create a product line with a clean label for these shoppers who are becoming more conscious of the ingredients found in their snacks.”
In an effort to continue to innovate the snacking category, Concord Foods puts the vegetables through a special freeze-drying method that utilizes the whole vegetable to maintain nutritional values and flavors. While other veggie snack options are available, the Concord Fresh Success Freeze Dried Veggie Snack line is one of the only lines that does not use a combination of additives when processing the vegetables.
Concord Foods is exhibiting at Southern Exposure in Tampa, Fla. March 1-3 at booth #128 and will have the freeze dried veggie snacks available to sample.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (214) 206-3047
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: