Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Online apple competition for fun and education during March
The U.S. Apple Association is excited to bring back its annual ‘Munch Madness’ interactive tournament-style web bracket for its third year. The four-week, four-round online competition encourages consumers to get in on the action by voting for their favorite apple varieties during a month-long game — all leading up to the final round and ultimate apple winner.
Throughout March, apple fans can visit the official 2018 Munch Madness bracket at AppleVSApple.com to vote for their beloved apple varieties. The varieties with the most votes advance weekly. Participants can come back each week to help their favorite apples advance through each round:
- Round 1 (March 1-7): Vitamin-C Sixteen
- Round 2 (March 8-14): Edible Eight
- Round 3 (March 15-21): Fiber Four
- Round 4 (March 22-28): National Chomp-ionship
- Winner (March 30): National Chomp-ion Announced
“Munch Madness is the perfect opportunity for the public to combine its favorite spring pastime of filling out college basketball brackets with its favorite fruit, apples,” said Tracy Grondine, Director of Consumer Health and Media Relations at USApple. “This fun, interactive game engages the public, while educating them about many different apple varieties and their flavor profiles.”
Apple lovers can follow along on USApple’s social media channels: Facebook (@USApples) and Twitter (@US_Apples), #MunchMadness.
The 2018 Munch Madness bracket is filled with the top 16 apple varieties based on dollar sales volume, and seeded in traditional format pitting 1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15, and so on. Voting opens March 1.
For more information:
U.S. Apple Association
Tel: +1 (703) 442-8850
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: