Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Honduras is now the leading exporter of vegetables in Central America
Honduras has become the leading exporter of vegetables in Central America, with 45 million dollars (i.e. 1.066 billion lempiras).
German Perez, the secretary for the northern area of the National Association of Industrialists (Andi), said the country had managed to increase the volume of exports by almost 4.5%.
Vegetable exports went from 140 thousand to 146 thousand metric tons, he said. "Currently, we are the largest exporter of vegetables in the region, followed by Guatemala," he said.
The production of oriental vegetables, such as okra, among others, is increasing thanks to the free trade agreements, he stated.
The United States, Europe, and Asia are the main markets for these Honduran products, he added.
"The opening of Asian markets is also providing opportunities to continue this growth," he stated.
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: