Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Honduras is now the leading exporter of vegetables in Central America
Honduras has become the leading exporter of vegetables in Central America, with 45 million dollars (i.e. 1.066 billion lempiras).
German Perez, the secretary for the northern area of the National Association of Industrialists (Andi), said the country had managed to increase the volume of exports by almost 4.5%.
Vegetable exports went from 140 thousand to 146 thousand metric tons, he said. "Currently, we are the largest exporter of vegetables in the region, followed by Guatemala," he said.
The production of oriental vegetables, such as okra, among others, is increasing thanks to the free trade agreements, he stated.
The United States, Europe, and Asia are the main markets for these Honduran products, he added.
"The opening of Asian markets is also providing opportunities to continue this growth," he stated.
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: