- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- US: Fruit fly findings lead to extra precautions at LA-Long Beach port complex
- "Chinese market share of Jaguar Conference pears gradually grows"
- "More food traceability and grocery delivery in 2019"
- The Philippines exceed sales target in China’s first import expo
- Costa Rica dominates pineapple market
Tanzania: Record work being done on potato research
Three of 14 varieties brought into the country by the International Potato Centre (CIP) for field trials in the Lushoto district did very well; two of them will soon be released. These are the Unica, locally known as Mkanano, and the Shangii. They will be released to farmers for cultivation after proving resilience to climate vagaries. The third variety, Mvono, is now with the Tanzania Official Seed Certification Institute for performance trials in the southern highlands regions.
Potatopro.com reported on experimental trials and promotion of potatoes is one of the projects implemented within the East African region under the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) research programme on climate change, agriculture and food security (CCAFS).
Within the region, the global programme, launched in 2010, encompasses Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and Ethiopia. In Tanzania, the focus is to develop more resilient potato varieties with higher yields.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-19 Canada: P.E.I. anticipating pay-outs for poor potato harvest
- 2018-11-19 The hottest “toast” of the town
- 2018-11-19 Prices rising dramatically on strained onion market
- 2018-11-19 North Carolina sweet potato growers finish challenging harvest
- 2018-11-19 India: Bengal government bans import of seed potato
- 2018-11-19 New potato from Maine on New England supermarket shelves
- 2018-11-19 Upper East Ghana tomato farmers switch to onions
- 2018-11-19 Indian traders fear onion price hike
- 2018-11-16 Peru: Researchers developing potatoes resistant to disease and climate change
- 2018-11-16 North Carolina sweet potato grower promotes personnel
- 2018-11-16 US Onion Market and Crop Update for November 15, 2018
- 2018-11-16 Cyprus potato prices sky-rocketing due to shortages
- 2018-11-16 Potato variety Cold River Gold now available for consumers
- 2018-11-15 EU: Support for French fry producers against Colombia
- 2018-11-15 Canada: Short harvest causes potato shortage in Manitoba
- 2018-11-15 “Next week’s weather forecast puts pressure on potato supply”
- 2018-11-15 Egyptian spring onions more and more present in the German wholesale and retail trade
- 2018-11-15 Cameroon: scarcity and rising prices of onions
- 2018-11-15 France: "Difficult markets for Bintje"
- 2018-11-15 Germany: Potato harvest at historically low level