- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- New agriculture workforce officer to boost jobs in SEQ
- Pakistan: Strict customs hinder trade between Waziristan and Afghanistan
- China: Qiuyue pear harvest affected by the climate
- The rain in Mexico threatens the stable supply of limes
- Walmart will use blockchain to stop the spread of E. coli and other diseases in lettuce
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Use of shared and reusable “Smart Packaging” maximizes operational efficiency
Pure Flavor® - IFCO partnership ensures year-round delivery of fresh produce across North America
“IFCO is a valuable partner,” said Jason Veno, Packaging Operations Manager of Pure Flavor®. “Not only do they provide us with ‘smart packaging’ that protects and cools our products extremely well, they maximize our operational efficiency by ensuring we have an adequate supply of RPCs year-round, even during peak growing seasons. That predictability means we can continue to serve our customers and their shoppers efficiently, effectively and on time,” said Veno.
IFCO now provides Pure Flavor® with over one million RPCs annually. They are used to package fresh produce at locations in San Antonio, Texas, Romulus, Michigan, and Leamington, Ontario, and are then shipped to retailers throughout the U.S. and Canada.
“IFCO’s partnership with Pure Flavor® is based on thoughtful collaboration and the shared goal of providing consumers with a constant supply of high quality, safe, nutritious and affordable produce each- and every- day,” said Daniel Walsh, President, IFCO North America. “Our RPCs are tailor-made for growers like Pure Flavor® that want the best possible efficiency and sustainability for their packaging, and we are proud to work side-by-side with such a visionary company. We are also proud of our presence and expansion in the Canadian marketplace, as well as the supporting infrastructure we have established there to better serve our many Canadian customers.”
IFCO and Pure Flavor® have developed a forecasting model that tracks the company’s produce orders and growing seasons and ensures on-time delivery of the right number and type of RPCs throughout the year. In addition, some RPCs are stored on-site, providing the Pure Flavor® operations group with greater flexibility to manage its product flow.
Ongoing collaboration between Pure Flavor® and IFCO will continue to optimize supply chain operations, as well as reduce the companies’ environmental footprint in the months and years ahead.
IFCO and Pure Flavor® will be exhibiting at the upcoming Southern Exposure Convention & Trade Show in Tampa, FL on March 3rd. IFCO will be located at Booth #120. Pure Flavor® will be located at Booth #605.
For more information:
DSM Strategic Communications
Telephone: +1 202 309 3050
Daniela Carbone VP - Global Marketing
Telephone: +49 89 74491-323
Chris Veillon Chief Marketing Officer
Telephone:: 519 326 8444
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 Mela Val Venosta renews its co-branding with Disney
- 09/25/2018 Shelf life extension packaging now available for meal kits
- 09/24/2018 Mela Val Venosta renews its co-branding with Disney
- 09/24/2018 France: Paprec Recyclage and Groupe Guillin speed up recycling of PET plastic food trays
- 09/21/2018 Small traders’ revenue drops as shoppers avoid plastic packaging
- 09/20/2018 HOFER discounter launches offensive to reduce packaging waste
- 09/18/2018 “Sorting Brussels sprouts optically halves staff needed”
- 09/18/2018 New wok and oven vegetable packs at Albert Heijn
- 09/17/2018 Turning waste products into bioplastics
- 09/17/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/13/2018 Plastic waste almost beats pricing
- 09/13/2018 Iceland to stop selling plastic-packaged bananas
- 09/13/2018 New packaging law applies starting 01.01.2019
- 09/13/2018 Sun World moves packing operations in-house
- 09/12/2018 Potatoes as potato packaging
- 09/12/2018 ''CartoPaper is the sustainable potato packaging for large packers''
- 09/11/2018 Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
- 09/06/2018 Are retailers relying too much on plastic packaging?
- 09/06/2018 Aldi announces next step in phasing out plastic packaging for fruit & veg
- 09/06/2018 New packaging solution for Sweet Heart grapes