Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Tehran and Kabul to streamline trade relationsOfficials from Afghanistan and Iran agreed in a meeting that Afghan goods trucks can cross into Iran without having to present bank guarantee letters. In addition to this, border tariffs will also be lowered, the Afghan press reports.
Last Monday, officials from the Afghan Ministry of Commerce and Industries stated that both sides recognize the need to implement the World Road Association agreement and to lower transit costs. According to the Afghan ministry officials, the drop in tariffs will hopefully increase exports from Afghanistan to Iran, India and Persian Gulf countries.
“It was a productive meeting and scrapping the bank guarantee [regulations] for Afghanistan’s trucks has been a big achievement,” said the ministry’s spokesman, Muafir Quqandi.
According to financialtribune.com, statistics show that Iran has in recent times become a major trade partner to Afghanistan and that bilateral trade has crossed the $2 billion per year mark. According to the Afghan commercial attaché to Iran, Iran holds a 22% share ($2.5 billion) on Afghanistan’s $11.5 billion consumer market.
Afghan exports to Iran have been very small, not much more than some $12 million on average over the past decade.
Publication date: 2/28/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: