- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Australia: Drought fails to drain value from agri-sector
- South African berry and citrus farms introduce comic contracts
- Masia Ciscar will grow exclusively three Chilean raspberry varieties
- UAE: Etihad refreshes freight network to concentrate on core trade lanes
- Spain: A project to fight against fraud and varietal piracy in citrus fruits
Survey finds 10% of local Indian students obese
A survey conducted by a private provider of health services in schools in Bengaluru found that 10% of children between 3 and 16 years were obese. It also found that another 13.8% were at risk of contracting lifestyle diseases in adulthood.
According to an article by The Hindu, H.P.S. Sachdev, a paediatrician at Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research in Delhi, stated that childhood obesity is a matter of serious concern all over the world because children who are overweight or obese grow up to be overweight or obese adults.
“Childhood obesity is also a forerunner of metabolic syndrome, poor physical health, respiratory problems and diseases like hypertension and glucose intolerance (type-II diabetes). This is a matter of serious concern as the latter typically occur later in life,” Dr Sachdev said.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’
- 09/19/2018 Cassava virus breaks out in Zambia
- 09/18/2018 Chiquita launches Pink Sticker program this October
- 09/14/2018 Tour de Fresh brings 46 more salad bars to U.S. schools in its 5th year
- 09/12/2018 Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- 09/06/2018 ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- 09/05/2018 Trying fruit and veggie ideas in school lunches
- 09/05/2018 UK: 3.7 million children live in households that can't afford a healthy diet
- 09/04/2018 Camu-camu, an exotic fruit that could help tackle obesity
- 08/29/2018 "Agriculture must battle chronic disease"
- 08/22/2018 Strawberries to treat bowel disease?
- 08/22/2018 ‘Apples reverse ageing’
- 08/20/2018 Button mushrooms as treatment against diabetes?
- 08/15/2018 UK experts: Eat skin of fruit and veg as well
- 08/15/2018 Chemicals found in vegetables prevent colon cancer in mice
- 08/15/2018 Scurvy makes comeback in the West
- 08/15/2018 Fewer than 1 in 10 Australians eats enough vegetables
- 08/14/2018 ‘Leafy greens not linked to reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes’
- 08/14/2018 New York state to invest $1.5 million in 'Farm-To-School' lunch programs
- 08/13/2018 Innovative farmers take Zimbabwean food industry by storm