- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Spain: Murcian fruit and veg exports exceed 2.5 million tons
- "When you have an excellent concept, money is less important"
- Chongming Island: First harvest of high-quality Jinsha oranges
- Trade disputes have cut Washington state exports by as much as 28%
- India: Bengal government bans import of seed potato
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Survey finds 10% of local Indian students obese
A survey conducted by a private provider of health services in schools in Bengaluru found that 10% of children between 3 and 16 years were obese. It also found that another 13.8% were at risk of contracting lifestyle diseases in adulthood.
According to an article by The Hindu, H.P.S. Sachdev, a paediatrician at Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research in Delhi, stated that childhood obesity is a matter of serious concern all over the world because children who are overweight or obese grow up to be overweight or obese adults.
“Childhood obesity is also a forerunner of metabolic syndrome, poor physical health, respiratory problems and diseases like hypertension and glucose intolerance (type-II diabetes). This is a matter of serious concern as the latter typically occur later in life,” Dr Sachdev said.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 ‘Regular vegetable intake keeps heart healthy’
- 2018-11-16 Nutritionists point at amazing property of avocado
- 2018-11-16 New technology takes 87% of sugars out of fruit juice
- 2018-11-16 Eating green vegetables helps prevent fall injuries
- 2018-11-14 Health benefits of eating black grapes with seeds
- 2018-11-13 Resistant germs: Can raw food and lettuce be health risks?
- 2018-11-13 Fight disease with an anti-inflammatory diet
- 2018-11-13 A healthy alternative to antibiotics
- 2018-11-12 Grapefruits – 5 health benefits
- 2018-11-01 ‘There is a link between eating fruit & veg and risk of asthma and allergies”
- 2018-10-26 Hass Avocado Board participates in FNCE 2018
- 2018-10-23 Seed researcher and producer raises money in heart and stroke walks
- 2018-10-17 Who needs botox?
- 2018-10-12 The Chiquita blue sticker turns pink for a good cause!
- 2018-10-11 Omani women use cherimoya to develop remedy against hair loss
- 2018-10-11 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 2018-10-08 80% of retailers rally together to drive up veg consumption in UK
- 2018-10-02 Pumpkin donuts for Halloween
- 2018-09-25 Fruity beauty: Use of fruit in personal care products increases 10.7%
- 2018-09-19 ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’