Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Buran halts road transport
The buran, the freezing wind that originates in Siberia, hit Italy on 25th February worsening a situation that was already dire in some regions. Snowstorms will sweep across the entire Adriatic coast while temperatures will drop below zero in the Tyrrhenian area. A new weather front is expected between 28th February and 1st March, which could bring more snow.
Of course this situation causes a lot of difficulties for road transfer. The circulation of vehicles with an overall mass exceeding 7.5 tons was halted already on Sunday, which might also occur during the week depending on weather conditions. This of course will greatly affect logistics.
Click here to learn more about it at www.trasportoeuropa.it.
On 25th February, 48 Italian Prefectures stopped the circulation of industrial vehicles with an overall mass exceeding 7.5 tons due to the snowstorms caused by buran: Bari, Foggia, Florence, Bologna, Ferrara, Perugia, Parma, Arezzo, Avellino, Prato, Rimini, Modena, Barletta-Andria, Trani, Piacenza, Forlì-Cesena, Salerno, Siena, Terni, Reggio Emilia, Ravenna, Rome, Fermo, Pesaro e Urbino, Ancona, Pistoia, Rovigo, Campobasso, Terni, Isernia, Naples, Ascoli Piceno, Macerata, Chieti, Arezzo, Lucca, Pisa, Teramo, Benevento, Grosseto, Viterbo, Potenza, Latina, Livorno, L'Aquila, Frosinone, Pescara, Caserta.
Publication date: 2/28/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: