- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Colorado Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association annual conference:
Fruit and veg producers should be prepared for when a crisis occurs
What that situation looks like will be different for each company. There are a number of unpredictable things that could tarnish the reputation of a business, but having a plan in place before a crisis hits will help prevent bad scenarios getting worse. When a crisis hits, not everything might be crystal clear, but if a company has outlines in place and trains its employees appropriately, it will save time when the media come knocking.
This includes designating at least two people to be in charge of just the media. Especially when it comes to communication with television journalists, it's important to know what you're going to say.
Another key tool mentioned in the thefencepost.com article is social media. Mulligan suggested having one person focusing only on social media. With people on social media, there might be questions or assumptions people are making that will be useful for the person talking with the media to know.
That gives the spokesperson an upper hand when it comes to communicating information. They can be better prepared for questions that might come along because someone posted it online first.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/24/2018 What grocery shopping looks like in 10 places around the world
- 09/24/2018 “Our cutting plant can fill in mise-en-place role well”
- 09/24/2018 Parasitic wasp to help reduce pests in Oman's pomegranates
- 09/24/2018 Asda's avocado Christmas themes
- 09/24/2018 South Africa: Export crops highlighted in economic stimulus package
- 09/21/2018 China: 6600 square meter plant factory constructed in Chongqing
- 09/21/2018 Colombian woman arrested for coordinating shipments of cocaine hidden in fruit
- 09/21/2018 Map of Africa based on population
- 09/21/2018 United Fresh appoints McDonald’s supply chain leader to Board of Directors
- 09/21/2018 Currency crisis unfolding – Will it catch up to the US?
- 09/21/2018 WTO members demand more clarity on US farm spending
- 09/21/2018 League of Legends’ latest mascot is a giant, talking cabbage roll
- 09/21/2018 Measure taken to keep South Australia fruit fly free
- 09/21/2018 Fresh processor introduces retail packaging featuring TV show branding for preschoolers
- 09/20/2018 US: Agri losses from Florence will be extensive
- 09/20/2018 'South Africa intent on expanding fresh exports to Russia'
- 09/20/2018 Chinese fruit, vegetable, and flower production annually increases
- 09/20/2018 China hits back at Trump: Tariffs on $60 billion of US goods
- 09/20/2018 South African berry and citrus farms introduce comic contracts
- 09/19/2018 New Zealand fears for world trade in wake of Trump's tariffs