Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uzbekistan to expand fruit and vegetables exportsUzbekistan plans to increase exports of fruits and vegetables by 30 percent up to 1.2 million tons in 2018.
The media reports referred to holding company Uzbekozikovkatholding, explaining how this company plans to reach 1.2 million tons of exports, worth $1 billion. In 2017, the volume of exports of fruit and vegetable products amounted to 918,080 tons ($665.9 million).
Uzbekistan is a major exporter in the international fruit and vegetable market. The country ranks second in the world for apricot exports, third for persimmon and fifth for cherries. The country also intends to increase the export of melons this year.
Uzbekozikovkatholding claims the Uzbek cherry ripens earlier than those of competitor countries; some two or three weeks earlier. In 2017, 270,000 tons of sweet cherries were harvested, of which 30,000 tons were exported.
According to an article by en.trend.az, Uzbekozikovkatholding was founded in 2016 to increase the efficiency of exporting fresh fruit and vegetables and other agricultural products. The holding company includes 470 food industry enterprises. The fruit and vegetable products are exported to 70 countries.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: