Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian West Coast: Goa to have 500 organic farming clustersGoa Agriculture Minister Vijai Sardesai recently announced that there are plans to create 10,000 organic farming clusters all over India under the Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana. It is intended that Goa will get 500 of these organic clusters.
Vijai Sardesai: “A debate has been going on whether the fruits and vegetables available in the market are food or poison. It is widely believed that calcium carbide, insecticides and pesticides are being used. So organic farming is the only way out if we want to live a healthy life.”
To push organic farming in the country, the central government in its budget has proposed to create 10,000 organic farming clusters all over India under the Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana. Goa will get 500 organic clusters. One of the follow-on effects will be to double the income of farmers by 2022.
According to a navhindtimes.in article, it should be easy for Goa to adopt this concept, as it is a progressive and small state. Furthermore, in order to encourage organic farming in the state, the government intends to bring in the ‘integrated farming’ concept, where animal husbandry, agriculture and fisheries will converge.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: