Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian West Coast: Goa to have 500 organic farming clustersGoa Agriculture Minister Vijai Sardesai recently announced that there are plans to create 10,000 organic farming clusters all over India under the Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana. It is intended that Goa will get 500 of these organic clusters.
Vijai Sardesai: “A debate has been going on whether the fruits and vegetables available in the market are food or poison. It is widely believed that calcium carbide, insecticides and pesticides are being used. So organic farming is the only way out if we want to live a healthy life.”
To push organic farming in the country, the central government in its budget has proposed to create 10,000 organic farming clusters all over India under the Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana. Goa will get 500 organic clusters. One of the follow-on effects will be to double the income of farmers by 2022.
According to a navhindtimes.in article, it should be easy for Goa to adopt this concept, as it is a progressive and small state. Furthermore, in order to encourage organic farming in the state, the government intends to bring in the ‘integrated farming’ concept, where animal husbandry, agriculture and fisheries will converge.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: