Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Nominations open for two innovation awards
United Fresh announces the nomination period is now open for two achievement awards: the United FreshMKT Achievement Award and United FreshTEC Achievement Award. Each award will honor an individual or company who has made significant innovations in advancing the fresh produce industry through marketing and merchandising and technology respectively. The awards will be presented during the United FreshMKT and United FreshTEC Conferences in Chicago on Monday, June 25, 2018.
“The fresh produce community is constantly adopting new strategies for growth at an innovative pace,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “From new varieties, brands and merchandising solutions, to advancements in automation, harvesting technologies and more, these awards shine a spotlight on the visionaries who are advancing their businesses and charting the path towards a smarter future for the fresh produce community at large.”
Nominations for the United FreshMKT Achievement Awards can be submitted at: www.unitedfreshshow.org/united-freshmkt-achievement-award.
Nominations for the United FreshTEC Achievement Awards can be submitted at: www.unitedfreshshow.org/united-freshtec-achievement-award.
Monday’s United FreshMKT Conference kicks off with a look at the changing face of fresh foods. The conference continues with a deep dive into expert discussions focused on consumer trends, how media shapes food culture and the experience of consuming food, and also will explore growth opportunities on the horizon of fresh foods.
In similar fashion, the United FreshTEC Conference kicks off with a look at the future of fresh technology, followed by a deep dive into expert discussions focused on pre- and post-harvest automation, food safety in packing and processing operations, and an intense look at controlled growing environments.
Once again, United Fresh will co-locate with the Global Cold Chain Expo and the International Floriculture Expo, and new this year, the debut of the SmartFood Expo focused on fresh, healthy and better-for-you foods. One conference package registration affords you access to all five co-located conferences on Monday, June 25 in Chicago. Registration is available at www.unitedfreshshow.org.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (202) 303-3410
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: