- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- China: How did typhoon "Mangkhut" affect the fruit industry?
- How cauliflower took over your pizza, your kitchen, and the world
- AU: Odeum Farms helping to restore confidence in WA's strawberry industry
- "Potato markets supported by confirmation of low yields throughout Western Europe"
- Drop in Sicilian citrus fruit production for processing expected
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
India now has over 30% of world’s organic producers
With over 835,000 certified organic producers, it is home to more than 30 percent of the total number of organic producers (2.7 million) in the world. Uganda (210,352) and Mexico (210,000) would be the second and third largest organic producers, respectively.
The 19th edition of the Organic Agriculture Report claimed that the organic agriculture area and the value of its products have seen a steady increase over the years. The data was collected from 178 countries by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture, the State of Sustainability Initiative and the International Trade Center.
The increase in organic producers comes as a result of a large number of entrepreneurs advocating organic farming and its complementary methods, who
are spearheading the awareness of organic farming.
However, when it comes to the area under certified organic cultivation, India contributes only 2.59%, in other words: 1.5 million hectares of the total organic cultivation area of 57.8 million hectares. Thus, amongst the regions with the largest areas of organically managed agricultural land, India ranks 9th.
According to thebetterindia.com, with numerous organisations and firms backing organic farming, India ought to see a rise in the organic cultivation area. With entrepreneurs and start-ups spreading the impact of organic farming, it is sure to see an exponential growth from here on in.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Organic edible flowers in pots: maximized freshness at one's fingertips
- 09/20/2018 Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- 09/20/2018 Italy: Demand increasing for organic sprouts
- 09/20/2018 France: "There is a serious shortage in organic producers"
- 09/19/2018 US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
- 09/19/2018 Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for OGS 2018
- 09/19/2018 Organto commences sales of organic asparagus
- 09/18/2018 Washington grower expands organic category
- 09/14/2018 Organic avocado supplies are shifting - California still in play
- 09/13/2018 Italy: Great success for organic mushrooms
- 09/12/2018 Italy: Sana 2018 organic fair
- 09/12/2018 New Zealand's organic sector showing major growth
- 09/11/2018 Organic supplier SunFresh takes new approach to developing new brand
- 09/11/2018 Costco sponsoring 'Meet the Grower' at Organic Grower Summit
- 09/07/2018 Organic sector starts autumn at fair in Lyon
- 09/07/2018 Organto begins sales of organic ginger and expands supply base
- 09/07/2018 Organic Trade Association drives move toward voluntary organic check-off
- 09/07/2018 Largest organic nursery in Central America inaugurated in Panama
- 09/06/2018 India: Daily market for local produce established in Dimapur
- 09/06/2018 What is the status of organic agriculture in Mexico?