Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belize: Heavy rainfall ruins cropsAccording to the Belize Ministry of Agriculture, the rains of January and February have caused incalculable damage to the agricultural industry, disrupting the production of grains, fruits, root crops and vegetables.
The Ministry is currently trying to calculate the total losses caused by the rains, but it cannot release any figures now because the rains are still ongoing. The weather has caused a shortage of lettuce, cauliflower and broccoli on the market.
Breakingbelizenews.com quoted the Ministry as saying: “In an effort to meet local demand and while local production normalizes, the Belize Marketing and Development Corporation will be allowed to import shortfalls for the next two weeks.”
The profits from these temporary imports made by the Belize Marketing and Development Corporation will go towards recovery relief provided to affected farmers.
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: