- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pace International’s ecoFOG receives sustainability recognition
- 'Availability of apples expanded - range of goods continued to diversify'
- Major fresh produce traceability project underway in New Zealand
- ONE shipping company's transit time improvements will benefit the Chilean cherry
- US: Commodities primarily sourced domestically face lowest compliance costs for Produce Rule
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Strawberry sabotage in Australia has widespread consequences
- USDA announces $102.7 million investment to expand markets for specialty crop and other farmers
- Ross Williams receives Southeast Produce Council’s Next Generation Award
- Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- Measure taken to keep South Australia fruit fly free
Within the Americas:
Peru: Top exporter of tangerines, clementines and tangelos
The country's citrus fruit sales (143,000 tons) totalled $176 million, a 30% rise when compared to 2016. Top destinations were the United States, Canada and the Netherlands. However, exports to China and Russia also saw important increases in 2017.
Russia is now the main tangerine-importing country in the world, with purchases of around $600 million. In this sense, Peru’s tangerine shipments to the said destination experienced an increase thanks to its economic improvement and currency stabilization.
93% of tangerine and clementine production come from Ica and Lima regions. However, La Libertad and Arequipa regions have been increasingly cultivating these citrus fruits as well.
According to andina.com.pe, Peruvian tangerine, clementine and tangelo exports had an outstanding performance in 2017, thus ranking seventh on a global chart. In just five years, Inca tangerine shipments have doubled their export value, from $67 to $157 million, between 2013 and 2017.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/24/2018 Andhra Pradesh: Steep drop in price of sweet limes
- 09/24/2018 Spain: Mandarins with modest royalties
- 09/24/2018 “Lemons are gold, oranges stable, but tangerines and grapefruit will be negatively affected”
- 09/21/2018 Mexico: Jalisco, one of the main producers of Persian limes
- 09/21/2018 Spain: EU to continue monitoring Turkish lemon arrivals
- 09/21/2018 Given the increased production of citrus, Spain plans to increase exports outside Europe
- 09/21/2018 Spain: Murcia demands more control in the arrival of citrus to Cartagena
- 09/21/2018 "Small sizes affect companies which package mandarins with leaves"
- 09/21/2018 Spain: "In this campaign, persimmon producers mustn't rush to sell their product"
- 09/21/2018 Yunnan early-season tangerine demand exceeds supply
- 09/21/2018 Potential breakthrough could help against citrus greening
- 09/21/2018 Australia: Canker breakthrough
- 09/20/2018 Spain: Castellon will harvest nearly 15% more citrus
- 09/20/2018 Drop in Sicilian citrus fruit production for processing expected
- 09/20/2018 Spain: A project to fight against fraud and varietal piracy in citrus fruits
- 09/20/2018 Rain in Mexico threatens steady lime supplies
- 09/20/2018 Argentina to import Tahiti limes from Colombia
- 09/20/2018 Spain: Man is accused of defrauding citrus owners of 200,000 euros
- 09/19/2018 Indonesia concludes FTA negotiations with Australia
- 09/19/2018 "First Spanish mandarins eagerly snatched up after messy overseas season"