- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Official bodies ensuring that recalled lettuce not allowed back in Malaysia
- Dole launches partnership with Safeway for new product development
- China: 25 tons of South African fresh oranges land in Dalian
- Onions & potatoes to cushion Sri Lankan depreciation
- Two new hires for automated transplanting system
Top 5 -last week
Within the Americas:
Peru: Top exporter of tangerines, clementines and tangelos
The country's citrus fruit sales (143,000 tons) totalled $176 million, a 30% rise when compared to 2016. Top destinations were the United States, Canada and the Netherlands. However, exports to China and Russia also saw important increases in 2017.
Russia is now the main tangerine-importing country in the world, with purchases of around $600 million. In this sense, Peru’s tangerine shipments to the said destination experienced an increase thanks to its economic improvement and currency stabilization.
93% of tangerine and clementine production come from Ica and Lima regions. However, La Libertad and Arequipa regions have been increasingly cultivating these citrus fruits as well.
According to andina.com.pe, Peruvian tangerine, clementine and tangelo exports had an outstanding performance in 2017, thus ranking seventh on a global chart. In just five years, Inca tangerine shipments have doubled their export value, from $67 to $157 million, between 2013 and 2017.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”
- 2018-11-15 Spain: "The delay of Huelva's mandarins causes production overlap"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Citrus fruits allegedly being sold again at open prices
- 2018-11-15 Sharp increase of Georgian mandarin exports
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- 2018-11-13 Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Quality of Cordoba's citrus will be higher this campaign
- 2018-11-13 Taiwan: Market entry of Taidong Navel orange delayed
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market