- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
According to official figures, around 25% of fruits and vegetables harvested in the Bihar district are damaged before marketing because of lack of proper storage facilities. This is a huge number, as Bihar produced 16.6 million tonnes of vegetables and 4.23 million tonnes of fruits in 2016-17.
"The state government will provide a subsidy of 650,000 rupees (8,100 euros) to set up one portable cold storage. It would be solar-powered, so farmers would not have to bear the recurring power cost," said Agriculture Minister Prem Kumar.
A telegraphindia.com report claims that if proper storage facilities are not present, the volume of damaged produce would only increase in coming years as the state is aiming to take production levels of vegetables to 25.3 million tonnes and fruits to 6 million tonnes by 2021-22.
A portable cold storage costs around 1.3 million rupees (16,300 euros) and has a capacity to store 5 tonnes of produce at a low temperature. The department has a target to set up 38 solar portable cold storages in the current fiscal year.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 India: IIT-Madras develops portable cold storage device
- 2018-11-08 “IQF Freezing is the future of food preservation”
- 2018-11-07 China: Difficulties in refrigerated distribution industry
- 2018-11-06 Strategic review readies NZ horticultural innovator to go global
- 2018-11-02 China: Beihai establishes Guangxi's largest agricultural refrigerated supply chain
- 2018-10-29 Future developments in China's refrigerated distribution
- 2018-10-23 Nigerian start-up solar-refrigerating farms: ColdHubs
- 2018-10-10 Maersk container industry secures historically large reefer order from Hapag-Lloyd
- 2018-10-09 Simple and effective cooling throughout the entire value chain
- 2018-10-03 “Five thousand pallet places are available in the new Cold Store”
- 2018-10-02 Cold chain monitoring solution for fruit & vegetable transport
- 2018-10-01 How Kenyan tomato farmers can avoid heavy losses
- 2018-09-27 "Important goal when IQF freezing broccoli is maintaining bite and color"
- 2018-09-25 New tech makes it cheaper & easier to track the cold chain
- 2018-09-19 Frozen fruit market in the EU: Germany remains the largest importer
- 2018-09-13 Etihad Cargo increases focus on cold chain industry with 'FreshForward' product
- 2018-09-13 Reefer container trade ripe for a digital boost
- 2018-09-05 CMA CGM launches Climactive
- 2018-08-29 OTACCWA wants to reduce Nigeria’s N9 billion post-harvest losses
- 2018-08-29 Dearman launches South Africa cooling project to reduce harvest loss