Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
France: Chicory prices above average
The 2016-2017 chicory season (May-November 2017) ended with figures 25% above the five year average. The harvest began two weeks late in September, which increased prices by 19% compared to the 2012-2016 average as demand was high. Prices remained stable in October and November despite the progressive increase in production. Prices in January were 17% above those at the same period of 2017 and 20% above the 2012-2016 average.
Exports, mainly to Germany, Italy and Belgium represent about 10% of monthly production. Cumulatively, over the 5 first months of the season, the trade surplus decreased to 30% in a year.
Figures from the 1st February 2018 suggest that 8,980 hectares of chicory roots were planted, which is stable over the year and 8% below the 5 year average. 244,150 tons of roots were produced over the 2017-2018 season, up 3% in a year and down 10% compared to the 5 year average. Actual chicory heads are expected to reach 153,100 tons between September 2017- August 2018, a 2% decrease in a year and 12% below the 2012-2016 average.
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: