Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Hardly any difference from a regular truck
Self-driving trucks hit the road
This lorry might look very normal: but it’s far from normal. It’s a self-driving lorry, which has been developed by Uber.
Uber has been interested in self-driving lorries for a while now, and in 2016, they bought start-up Otto. At that time, the Otto lorries still looked a bit clunky, and they had cameras sticking out all over the car. Thanks to the latest technical developments, the difference between regular and self-driving lorries is barely visible anymore.
Uber Advanced Technologies Group developed an operating system that is very similar to that of their self-driving cars. The rotating LiDAR continuously makes 360-degree scans of the road. The lorries are now being tested on the roads around San Francisco. The biggest question is how to make other road users also trust the driving skills of this vehicle.
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: