Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
10 percent increase in sales abroad
Spar Austria continues to growThe Spar Austria Group operates 175 Interspar hypermarkets, 2,689 Spar and Eurospar stores, 210 Hervis sports stores and 29 shopping centers both domestically and abroad.
All in all, the company has grown by almost 90 locations in 2017. The gross sales revenue of these 3,164 locations totalled 14.64 billion euros in 2017, an increase of 6.5 percent. This strong growth was driven, on the one hand, by strong self-expansion and, on the other, by the Billa locations acquired in Croatia. With sales of 6.70 billion euros and a growth of 4.6 percent, Spar is Austria's growth leader in full-range supermarkets for the eighth year in a row.
The Spar Austria Group now employs 81,394 people in eight countries, training 3,300 apprentices. In 2017, the company created 3,700 jobs, 1,200 of them in Austria alone. 650 million euros were invested in the previous year in total. For 2018, 700 million euros are planned.
For detailed data and facts, click here.
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: