Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
10 percent increase in sales abroad
Spar Austria continues to growThe Spar Austria Group operates 175 Interspar hypermarkets, 2,689 Spar and Eurospar stores, 210 Hervis sports stores and 29 shopping centers both domestically and abroad.
All in all, the company has grown by almost 90 locations in 2017. The gross sales revenue of these 3,164 locations totalled 14.64 billion euros in 2017, an increase of 6.5 percent. This strong growth was driven, on the one hand, by strong self-expansion and, on the other, by the Billa locations acquired in Croatia. With sales of 6.70 billion euros and a growth of 4.6 percent, Spar is Austria's growth leader in full-range supermarkets for the eighth year in a row.
The Spar Austria Group now employs 81,394 people in eight countries, training 3,300 apprentices. In 2017, the company created 3,700 jobs, 1,200 of them in Austria alone. 650 million euros were invested in the previous year in total. For 2018, 700 million euros are planned.
For detailed data and facts, click here.
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: