Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Organic Royal Gala, Williams pears and seedless grapes doing great
"Autumn products have gone very well for Canova, a company, part of Apofruit, specialising in organic produce," explains Ernesto Fornari, Canova director, who also confirmed that organic produce has become increasingly popular in Germany as well.
"The autumn season went very well: Royal Gala apples sold at €1.05, William pears at €1.09 and persimmons at 75 eurocents. Seedless grapes also had excellent prices hovering between €1.30 and €1.70/kg depending on the type. Quality was excellent also thanks to the warm non-humid weather. Gross saleable production was good."
Biodynamic produce actually achieved 10 eurocents more. Those who obtained the Bio Swiss certification (50% less copper ans sulphur) managed to sell at 1 eurocent more per kg.
The network - which includes Canova, Vivi Romani, Vivi Toscano, Canova Spain and Canova France - had a turnover of €100 million, 94% generated by the fresh produce and 6% by the industry with 50 thousand tons in total. The fruit destined to the organic processing industry also did well, as William pears were sold at 70 eurocents.
"The calendar is extending. Demand is increasing and selling organic produce has proved very satisfactory. Retailers need to dedicate more space to this produce as this segment is getting more and more popular."
Via Emilia Levante, 2750
47020 Longiano (FC)
Ufficio commerciale mercato nazionale
Tel.: (+39) 0547 53019
Ufficio commerciale export
Tel.: (+39) 0547 57541
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: