Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Panama exports pineapples to Dubai after participating in Fruit Logistica
The Primero Cuarenta Group exported two containers with 1,680 boxes of fruit to Dubai under the Panama Exports country brand.
The company was able to achieve this export thanks to its participation in Fruit Logistica 2018, in early February, and it will be the first company from Panama to showcase the country's fruit offer in such an important niche market.
The Minister of Agricultural Development, Eduardo Enrique Carles, participated in the inauguration of the company's new plant in Zapote, Chorcha, province of Chiriqui. The plant has some 300 hectares of the M2 Golden pineapple variety, which achieves an average of 14 degrees Brix. At the inauguration, the Minister highlighted that the company, with the help of the ministry, had been able to place the pineapples in a new international market in less than 2 weeks.
In turn, Rafael Bermudez, the general manager of the company, thanked the MIDA and the MICI for their support, as they had helped them participate in the Fruit Logistica fair where they made a deal with the Levarth company to export the fruit to Dubai.
Primero Cuarenta Group is the third company in the province to export products under the Panama Exports brand, a number that could increase to nearly 30 companies in different areas in some months.
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: