Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Panama exports pineapples to Dubai after participating in Fruit Logistica
The Primero Cuarenta Group exported two containers with 1,680 boxes of fruit to Dubai under the Panama Exports country brand.
The company was able to achieve this export thanks to its participation in Fruit Logistica 2018, in early February, and it will be the first company from Panama to showcase the country's fruit offer in such an important niche market.
The Minister of Agricultural Development, Eduardo Enrique Carles, participated in the inauguration of the company's new plant in Zapote, Chorcha, province of Chiriqui. The plant has some 300 hectares of the M2 Golden pineapple variety, which achieves an average of 14 degrees Brix. At the inauguration, the Minister highlighted that the company, with the help of the ministry, had been able to place the pineapples in a new international market in less than 2 weeks.
In turn, Rafael Bermudez, the general manager of the company, thanked the MIDA and the MICI for their support, as they had helped them participate in the Fruit Logistica fair where they made a deal with the Levarth company to export the fruit to Dubai.
Primero Cuarenta Group is the third company in the province to export products under the Panama Exports brand, a number that could increase to nearly 30 companies in different areas in some months.
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: