Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Serroplast produces nets, films and covers for vineyards and soft fruit crops
Young, innovative and constantly evolving - Serroplast is a company producing and trading nets, films and cover accessories for vineyards and soft fruits. After the 8th International Table Grape Symposium in October 2017, we talked to Giuseppe Borracci (New Market Developer) who manages the entire team with his father Nicola, his mother Marisa and his brother Stefano. We asked him to tell us more about the new technologies available.
FreshPlaza (FP): Thanks to an idea by Nicola Borracci (Chief Executive Officier), Serroplast produces plastic films to protect crops and vineyards. But why is this technology important?
The Serroplast facility
Giuseppe Borracci (GB): Ever since the 1980s, Serroplast's objectives has been to listen to the needs of producers. We leapt at the chance to develop a range of products that could improve our clients' fruits. The reason why our service can be defined as a technology is the fact that using plastic films guarantees protection against weather events. What is more, if they are combined with other products and services, we can also guarantee a better quality.
FP: How has Serroplast evolved since the 1980s? How have production techniques changed?
GB: The approach towards anti-hail nets and plastic films has evolved over the past few years. What was once considered a mere protection against weather events is now an opportunity. What is more, University research has helped reduce negative effects, so there are more advantages.
Left to right: Stefano, Nicola and Giuseppe Borracci
FP: Most of the films currently available are produced with state-of-the-art materials that are resistant, light, non-cumbersome and often biodegradable. What is their impact on the environment?
GB: We are always careful about the impact our business can have on the environment. We feel a product is developed for a very specific need and must therefore be made efficient under all aspects. Serroplast produces films that have a limited duration to sunlight but that are lighter, more technological and more easily manageable.
FP: Why contact Serroplast?
GB: We recommend coming to our new facility or asking for a quote because we are producers first, so we understand their needs as well as their objectives. We have branches in America, South America, South Africa, Spain and Portugal.
Via Del Commercio, n.c.
70018 - Rutigliano (BA)
Tel.: +39 080 477 1526
Fax: +39 080 477 1279
Publication date: 2/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: