- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- New peach grafting: it is time to choose the variety
- Poland: LubApple signs new export contracts to ship to Africa and the Middle East
- World population density
- USDA restricts PACA violators in Florida and Texas from operating in produce industry
- China: Potato production volume satisfies market demand
Aliet Green meets Block Chain Technology
FairFood is a Dutch campaign organization, which can show and prove that Fair Trade can work even without expensive certifications by using its FairFood Block Chain Technology.
The Block Chain technology can be used for any certification system you can think of. This helps you trace and ensure you are doing correct buying and selling procedures from certified system including Organic, Fair Trade and food safety. This can help reduce food fraud and increase transparency.
More than 30 farmers, who are members of Aliet Green's Fair Trade certified Organic Coconut Sugar project, participated in the FairFood project by Selling their Fresh Green Coconuts to FairFood for a predefined price. We selected a number of farmers for the first time to try if Block Chain Technology did work well. In addition these farmers were selected as they could read and write SMS as part of Block Chain Technology. Sadly but proudly, we are working with 90% of small scale illiterate farmers who have showed their dedication to following international standards.
From this project we wanted show Fair Trade could be done without certification that sometimes can make us frustrated. Customers can see and get to know even closer to producers making their food products for consumption. Customers can even know how many family members depending on the products being produced and where the food is from. All details including prices, farmers family and information, can be scanned and forwarded to customers directly through Block Chain Technology.
Although Aliet Green is a Fair Trade certified woman social enterprise, for us, Fair Trade is not just a logo or brand but this is a movement that can empower small producing communities. We contribute back to producers who have also supported our success.
In cooperation with FairFood, we also wanted show that we are able to ensure we are treating our producers well according to Fair Trade standards although Fresh Coconuts sold to FairFood were not labeled with our Fair Trade logo.
This certainly is a topic that needs to be discussed at a bigger scale to make Fair Trade what it is supposed to be - FAIR.
Watch the video here.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 Zero Residual: actions and benefits
- 2018-11-14 Iceland and Unilever team-up: Marmite Brussels Sprouts
- 2018-11-13 Dutch and Swedish retailers tackle food waste in Europe
- 2018-11-12 Scuba company grows produce in world's first underwater farm
- 2018-11-09 An innovative drip irrigation system by Irritec
- 2018-11-09 DogBot an affordable solution to labour deficit?
- 2018-11-08 "Longevity due to high tear resistance, UV stability and weather resistance"
- 2018-11-06 South Korea: E-mart & LG Electronics develop retail service robots
- 2018-11-06 Italy: The Asian bug's nemesis has been found
- 2018-11-06 Harvesting vegetables like in a computer game
- 2018-11-05 Sorbos edible straws coming to Costa Rica
- 2018-11-02 Convenience foods fueling demand for non-browning technology
- 2018-11-01 ''New canopy solution enables management with wide spraying machines''
- 2018-10-31 Laser tech may be key to healing Citrus Greening-affected trees
- 2018-10-31 European Court ruling on CRISPR-Cas has major consequences
- 2018-10-31 Online tool designed to increase profitability launched
- 2018-10-29 New Zealand: Alternative fruit sticker wins top accolade
- 2018-10-26 EDEKA starts practical tests of Mercedes-Benz eActros
- 2018-10-26 Southeast Asian tech start-ups are looking to China, not Silicon Valley
- 2018-10-24 Cashier-less shopping comes to New Zealand