Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Market share of imported bananas oscillated between 35 and 52% in 2017
In 2017, 307,000 tonnes of bananas were imported into Spain and shipments from the Canary Islands stood at 382,100 tonnes. The market share of imported bananas ranged from a maximum of 52% to a minimum of 35%.
In December 2017, 26,424 tonnes were shipped from the Canary Islands, while imports, mainly from Africa and Latin America, amounted to 23,521 tonnes. Since re-exports stood at 8,902 tonnes, Spanish consumers had access to some 41,043 tonnes of bananas. With these figures, the market share of imported bananas in December ranged from a minimum of 36% to a maximum of 57% of the supply available in Spain.
The main suppliers of imported bananas in December were Costa Rica, with 7,351 tonnes; Ivory Coast, with 4,258 tonnes; France, with 4,095 tonnes and Colombia, with 2,978 tonnes. Together, these countries accounted for 79% of the total volume.
In 2017 as a whole, the biggest suppliers of imported bananas were Costa Rica, with 99,413 tonnes; Ivory Coast, with 57,163 tonnes; France, with 42,856 tonnes and Colombia, with 37,865 tonnes. These four countries accounted for 77% of the total volume.
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: