Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
First cargo consignments to arrive March 19
Oman: New Muscat Airport ready to goAccording to the Oman Ministry of Transport and Telecommunications, the cargo building at the new Muscat airport will start receiving consignments on March 19. Operationalising the new cargo building is part of the process to start commercial operations at the new Muscat International Airport from March 20.
The Ministry is working with Oman Air and all other stakeholders to ensure that the transition will be smooth. According to muscatdaily.com, Mohamed bin Nasser al Zaabi of the Public Authority for Civil Aviation said that civil works at the new cargo building are over.
Covering an area of 32,000 m2, the new cargo terminal has a capacity to handle 350,000 tonnes of cargo a year. The terminal can handle all kinds of cargo, ranging from general products to special cargo such as perishable goods, animals and hazardous materials. It has a fully automated Material Handling System, which allows seamless handling of cargo containers and pallets. The system uses Elevating Transfer Vehicle technology to move and store cargo in a systematic manner.
As a significant portion of the import and export cargo comprises fruits and vegetables, frozen meat and pharmaceutical products, the fully air-conditioned terminal, together with its cold storage facility, will ensure that the cold chain integrity is maintained throughout the entire handling process.
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: