- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Table potato market East Germany - MIO Kw 7/18
Prices remain unchanged despite numerous special offers
At the beginning of the new week, nothing has changed regarding previous prices. The price level will remain the same until the 9th calendar week, after consultation with local discounters and food retailers. At the beginning of March, larger quantities of refrigerated box storage will go on sale, so warehouse keepers' demands for surcharges will increase. The first Egyptian potatoes of the Princess variety have arrived in the packaging facilities. The subscription price is 52 EUR. Other Egyptian wares are already waiting in Italy for transport. Peeled potatoes are traded at fixed prices. There are still school holidays, but what the schools are not purchasing is partly compensated in the catering sector.
As expected, low demand for food products continues at the beginning of the week, as do the prices of recent weeks. Depending on the weather conditions at the time of storage, quality is are very different. Increasing problems and rot are reported. With the beginning of school, the peeled potato business is normalising again. Prices remain at the level of last week as the purchase prices for raw materials remain stable.
The long period of stable prices continues. Numerous weekly promotions can not change that. The sales are quiet, according to the season. The quality of the food is mostly good and can be kept by optimal storage conditions. Burdensome lots are largely sorted out. With the start of the school holidays, it has become a bit quieter on the peeled potato market. Price levels are stable.
The available supply of table potatoes is still plentiful. The lots available are all judged differently. But sortings are on a level that is normal for the season. The demand for good, light food is steady. Producer prices remain at the previous week's level. Turnover outside existing contracts is very difficult. Exports to the Czech Republic and Poland are stable, but could be at higher volumes, according to suppliers. Sliced potato producers source raw materials at unchanged prices and are largely satisfied with the quality. These remain at the current prices for peeled goods.
Compared to last week’s prices, the price ranges for various types of products remain between 9 and 13 EUR/dt. Fixing the prices is not to be expected for the time being, since plenty of food is available. Lesser lots have already been widely marketed. The sales are calm and quiet. The first products from Cyprus are supplementing the range. Prices from 80 to 83 EUR/dt are being asked. Food retailers are also sell premium French potatoes. Price levels remain unchanged on the local peeled potatoes market.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 ‘All preconditions for potatoes export to EU market fulfilled’
- 09/21/2018 Potato prices soar in Spain
- 09/21/2018 TAAT sweet potato compact launched in Accra
- 09/21/2018 US Market and Crop update onions
- 09/20/2018 US potatoes - 2017 Summary
- 09/20/2018 "Potato markets supported by confirmation of low yields throughout Western Europe"
- 09/19/2018 US: Truck with no brakes spills onions near Paterson
- 09/19/2018 Uganda: Sweet potato porridge hits supermarket shelves
- 09/18/2018 Market and Crop Update for September 13, 2018
- 09/18/2018 International potato sales highest ever for the United States
- 09/18/2018 France: "Surfaces planted with traditional shallots in decline"
- 09/17/2018 Potato Europe 2018: Focus on seeds, machinery and storage technology
- 09/17/2018 Turkey: Potato harvest kicks off harvest in Bolu
- 09/17/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
- 09/17/2018 India: Nafed to begin disposal of 13k tons of buffer onion stock
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: High productivity for potato harvest in Bitlis
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: Onion harvest has started in Bandirma
- 09/14/2018 Germany faces potato shortage after record hot, dry summer
- 09/14/2018 "Calmer atmosphere on the Dutch markets"
- 09/14/2018 "Luckily we made some headway with bale prices"