- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Amazon set to acquire 9.5% stake in Future Retail
- “It’s our high-tech farming that allows our Vietnamese red chili to be competitive”
- US organic cranberry is at peak supply for holidays
- Chinese phytosanitary experts visit pineapple plantations in Panama
- "There are so many ways to supply fruit and veg these days"
Table potato market East Germany - MIO Kw 7/18
Prices remain unchanged despite numerous special offers
At the beginning of the new week, nothing has changed regarding previous prices. The price level will remain the same until the 9th calendar week, after consultation with local discounters and food retailers. At the beginning of March, larger quantities of refrigerated box storage will go on sale, so warehouse keepers' demands for surcharges will increase. The first Egyptian potatoes of the Princess variety have arrived in the packaging facilities. The subscription price is 52 EUR. Other Egyptian wares are already waiting in Italy for transport. Peeled potatoes are traded at fixed prices. There are still school holidays, but what the schools are not purchasing is partly compensated in the catering sector.
As expected, low demand for food products continues at the beginning of the week, as do the prices of recent weeks. Depending on the weather conditions at the time of storage, quality is are very different. Increasing problems and rot are reported. With the beginning of school, the peeled potato business is normalising again. Prices remain at the level of last week as the purchase prices for raw materials remain stable.
The long period of stable prices continues. Numerous weekly promotions can not change that. The sales are quiet, according to the season. The quality of the food is mostly good and can be kept by optimal storage conditions. Burdensome lots are largely sorted out. With the start of the school holidays, it has become a bit quieter on the peeled potato market. Price levels are stable.
The available supply of table potatoes is still plentiful. The lots available are all judged differently. But sortings are on a level that is normal for the season. The demand for good, light food is steady. Producer prices remain at the previous week's level. Turnover outside existing contracts is very difficult. Exports to the Czech Republic and Poland are stable, but could be at higher volumes, according to suppliers. Sliced potato producers source raw materials at unchanged prices and are largely satisfied with the quality. These remain at the current prices for peeled goods.
Compared to last week’s prices, the price ranges for various types of products remain between 9 and 13 EUR/dt. Fixing the prices is not to be expected for the time being, since plenty of food is available. Lesser lots have already been widely marketed. The sales are calm and quiet. The first products from Cyprus are supplementing the range. Prices from 80 to 83 EUR/dt are being asked. Food retailers are also sell premium French potatoes. Price levels remain unchanged on the local peeled potatoes market.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Peru: Researchers developing potatoes resistant to disease and climate change
- 2018-11-16 North Carolina sweet potato grower promotes personnel
- 2018-11-16 US Onion Market and Crop Update for November 15, 2018
- 2018-11-16 Cyprus potato prices sky-rocketing due to shortages
- 2018-11-16 Potato variety Cold River Gold now available for consumers
- 2018-11-15 EU: Support for French fry producers against Colombia
- 2018-11-15 Canada: Short harvest causes potato shortage in Manitoba
- 2018-11-15 “Next week’s weather forecast puts pressure on potato supply”
- 2018-11-15 Egyptian spring onions more and more present in the German wholesale and retail trade
- 2018-11-15 Cameroon: scarcity and rising prices of onions
- 2018-11-15 France: "Difficult markets for Bintje"
- 2018-11-15 Germany: Potato harvest at historically low level
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Potato harvest under way in various production areas
- 2018-11-14 “Europe must bare its teeth, and if needs be, bite"
- 2018-11-14 Chile: One third of processed potatoes are imported
- 2018-11-14 Potato harvest Lower Saxony at historically low level
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Onion prices could skyrocket to 2 USD per kg in January
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Soaring potato costs create pressure for food processors
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Domestic potato market report
- 2018-11-13 Nigeria: Enugu onions dealers attribute high cost and scarcity to poor harvest