Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Revenues from fresh fruit exports increased by 37% in 2017
"The revenue generated by Ukraine from fresh fruit exports increased by 37% ($ 25.5 million) in 2017. Moreover, the country exported a record volume of domestic fresh fruits and berries (excluding re-exports), and we expect this record to be broken again in 2018, since the marketing tests carried out with our products on world markets have been extremely successful," said Andrey Yarmak, economist of the investment department of FAO.
The fruit and vegetable sector generated $ 414 million in revenue for Ukraine in 2017, with fresh fruit and vegetables and nuts accounting for 238 million, and processed products for 176 million. "This is only 2.5% of the total revenue from the agricultural sector, but exports within this subsector are growing faster than most others," said Yarmak.
The most money was generated by tomato concentrates and fruit juices, with about 31% of the total. The second place is for nuts, with $ 101 million, or 24% of the total revenue from exports. Fresh fruit generated almost the same amount: 94 million and 23% of the total. The rest corresponded to other processed and fresh vegetables, with about 22%, explained the expert.
The economist of the investment department of FAO also said that the fruit and vegetable sector has recovered very quickly from the loss of the Russian market. "In fact, it has started to grow even faster!" And what is most important, there has been an emphasis on quality and value added; exactly what we need right now," said the expert.
"Moreover, companies are actively searching for new markets, so the forecasts for 2018 are very positive," stressed Andrei Yarmak.
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: