Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Cucumber prices significantly lower than last year
Cucumber prices continue to fall in the Ukrainian market, so the product is already significantly cheaper than in the second half of February 2017, according to APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits. The project's analysts stress that while the decline in prices only affected imported products last week, now domestic cucumbers are also becoming cheaper.
In a week, imported cucumbers have become between 8 and 14% cheaper. Sellers are already ready to close deals at 30-35 UAH/kg (0.89-1.04 Euro/kg). It is also worth noting that while the main factor putting pressure on prices last week was the increase in the supply of local products, the situation now has been aggravated by the increase in the supply from foreign origins, since Iran and Spain have followed Turkey's example and also started making shipments.
It should be mentioned that as a result of the reduction in prices, imported cucumbers in Ukraine are already 38-45% cheaper than in the same period last year, while prices for local produce stand 17-19% below last year's.
Publication date: 2/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: