Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria: Government wants potato farmers to become exporters in one yearLast Tuesday, the Federal Government of Nigeria stated its plans to make farmers that are producing chilli peppers, sweet potatoes and beans net exporters of the commodities by next year.
The statement was made by Akpan Sunday, the Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Investment, at the opening ceremony of a two-day Global GAP Training Programme on chilli peppers, beans and sweet potatoes.
Mr Sunday, who was represented by the Director of the Commodities and Product Inspectorate, Mrs Omololu Ope-Ewe, let it be known that the training would enable farmers to export their commodities in conformity with international standards.
Pmnewsnigeria.com reported on how the Managing Director, Global GAP Licensed Farm Assurer, Mrs Patricia Obichukwu, said the training was part of efforts to break down the barriers that are prohibiting the export of Nigerian goods.
Publication date: 2/21/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: