- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- “Watermelon Mile” marks watermelon’s healthy attributes
- Spain: There will be fewer Fuentes de Ebro onions available
- “Egyptian mango harvest has come a month earlier”
- Russia’s Rosselkhonadzor concerned about infected Turkish tomatoes
- Syngenta lettuce varieties, resistant to the new Bremia races BI: 34-35
Top 5 -last week
Namibia: Fysal Fresh Produce joins Amta
Fysal Fresh Produce, one of the biggest fresh produce retail chains in northern Namibia, has been operating at the hub for a month now. The company trades in fruit and vegetables -sourced mainly from South Africa- with about 44% of fresh produce coming from local producers.
Iindji said the company will also play a wholesale agency role at Amta fresh produce business hubs at Rundu in the Kavango East region and Windhoek in the Khomas region. In addition to the supply of fresh produce to the Namibian market, the aim is also to create direct and indirect employment for local people.
Former president Pohamba commended Fysal Fresh Produce and Amta on the partnership and urged Amta to create a conducive marketing environment which will encourage more local producers to make use of the hub.
Namibian.com reports how, since its inception, the hub has handled more than 10,072 tonnes of fresh produce, growing from 635 tonnes in 2013-14 to 4,885 tonnes in 2016-17.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Vietnam regains "strength" in Chinese fruit and vegetable export
- 09/21/2018 Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- 09/21/2018 Kern County, USA: The nation's leading agricultural county
- 09/21/2018 Vegetables arrive by air from Mindanao
- 09/21/2018 Many consumers 'grossed out' by GMOs
- 09/21/2018 China and Mongolia launch first cross-border "green channel"
- 09/20/2018 Fruit variety and convenience for your winter wine
- 09/20/2018 Dominican Republic opens commercial relations with China
- 09/19/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- 09/18/2018 Why the tomato was feared in Europe for more than 200 years
- 09/18/2018 India: Prices of imported goods up 8-12% due to falling rupee
- 09/17/2018 Turkey to grow tomatoes and tropical fruits in Sudan
- 09/17/2018 Philippines: Bukidnon farmers ready to sell vegetables to Manila markets
- 09/14/2018 Belgium: More fruit but fewer vegetables eaten in 2017
- 09/14/2018 UK: S&A Group Holdings fresh produce supplier grows profit
- 09/14/2018 January-July 2018: Agro-exports Peru totalled $3.275 billion
- 09/14/2018 Turkish exporters eye Far Eastern countries
- 09/13/2018 Spain: Rains have caused more good than harm in Valencia