Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Robinson Fresh® and Verfrut bring premium fruit to EuropeRobinson Fresh®, a division of C.H. Robinson, is now the primary provider of Verfrut products in Europe. Verfrut is one of the largest fruit growers in South America with items such as grapes, apples, stone fruit, cherries, pears, kiwifruit, clementines and organic bananas. With this strategic alliance, the companies bring together expertise in cold chain logistics and produce to provide a more integrated fruit offering to Europeans.
“When we heard Verfrut was looking for opportunities to expand into the European market, we knew we could work together to bring these premium products to our customers,” Robert Walsleben, European director for Robinson Fresh, said. “Verfrut is one of the largest fruit growers out of Chile and Peru. They are also family owned, feature significant production and care about providing flavorful products to their customers. Europeans will enjoy this high-quality South American produce, brought right to their local market.”
In this new business relationship, Robinson Fresh provides customer-based solutions across the entire supply chain, including global logistics and significant European infrastructure. Verfrut focuses on providing a premium growing, packing and bagging experience from South America.
“We are convinced that the match between Robinson Fresh’s capabilities and market knowledge combined with our product range and technical knowledge is the perfect combination to grow together in the European market,” Ignacio Donoso, director of new business development and off-shore office at Verfrut said. “In working with Robinson Fresh in Europe, we believe more European customers can enjoy the flavor of our South American produce.”
Verfrut products can be found at many retail stores in Europe, with more offerings coming soon.
For more information:
Liz Erickson Monson
Tel.: +1 320-444-2733
Publication date: 2/21/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: