- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Peru: Lime exports increased by 40% this year
- Rwandan Govt fines potato middlemen selling above set price
- “There is no longer a mushroom shortage as suggested in the media"
- "European chains forced to change their caliber requirements for lemons"
- Spain: Differentiation to compete in a garlic market dominated by China
Retailer tests innovative CO2 cooling technology
Netto Marken-Discount is the first company in Germany to use a CO2 trailer aggregate from the manufacturer Carrier Transicold for its truck fleet since October 2016. What is special about it, is that the test unit is one of the first in the world to use only the natural gas CO2 as refrigerant in a closed circuit. This will not cause any adverse effects on the environment.
"Right from the start, we were very interested in the potential of this pilot project to achieve our environmental and sustainability goals. After more than a year, we can now say that the test results from the past practical experiences of the various Netto branches are very promising," says Stefanie Adler, Corporate Communications of Netto Marken-Discount.
David Appel, President of Carrier Transicold & Refrigeration Systems, is also convinced of the usefulness of the cooperation: "The delivery of these first trailer units with natural refrigerants represents a significant milestone in the development of CO2-powered road transport refrigeration systems. We intend all transport refrigeration systems in the future to operate with natural refrigerants. Now we have come a great deal closer to this goal with the support of a large German food discounter.”
Netto Marken-Discount has been successfully improving its energy balance for many years through the consistent use of environmentally friendly technologies. In new branches, efficient heating systems with heat recovery, demand-oriented ventilation systems, optimized thermal insulation and energy-saving LED lamps will be implemented.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-15 UTE: South African industry pays insufficient attention to humidity
- 2018-11-14 New technologies for the citrus sector
- 2018-11-14 Increasing cases of bacteria in IQF vegetables is restraining growth of the market
- 2018-11-12 India: IIT-Madras develops portable cold storage device
- 2018-11-08 “IQF Freezing is the future of food preservation”
- 2018-11-07 China: Difficulties in refrigerated distribution industry
- 2018-11-06 Strategic review readies NZ horticultural innovator to go global
- 2018-11-02 China: Beihai establishes Guangxi's largest agricultural refrigerated supply chain
- 2018-10-29 Future developments in China's refrigerated distribution
- 2018-10-23 Nigerian start-up solar-refrigerating farms: ColdHubs
- 2018-10-10 Maersk container industry secures historically large reefer order from Hapag-Lloyd
- 2018-10-09 Simple and effective cooling throughout the entire value chain
- 2018-10-03 “Five thousand pallet places are available in the new Cold Store”
- 2018-10-02 Cold chain monitoring solution for fruit & vegetable transport
- 2018-10-01 How Kenyan tomato farmers can avoid heavy losses
- 2018-09-27 "Important goal when IQF freezing broccoli is maintaining bite and color"
- 2018-09-25 New tech makes it cheaper & easier to track the cold chain
- 2018-09-19 Frozen fruit market in the EU: Germany remains the largest importer
- 2018-09-13 Etihad Cargo increases focus on cold chain industry with 'FreshForward' product
- 2018-09-13 Reefer container trade ripe for a digital boost