Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
United Fresh 2018 keynote breakfast speaker announced
Stanford University Professor Bob Sutton will share principles from his New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling book, The No Asshole Rule - Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't, at the 2018 United Fresh Keynote Breakfast on Tuesday, June 26 in Chicago. As Stanford Professor of Management Science and Engineering, Sutton applies his expertise in organizational change and leadership to the all-too-familiar dilemma of dealing with jerks in the office.
In this entertaining but serious presentation, Sutton highlights the best ways for companies to build successful workplaces by reducing the negative impact of demeaning and disrespectful colleagues and clients who destroy morale and drag down your company. Sutton will focus on helping you manage change, lead effectively, embrace and implement innovation, and create a healthy office environment. Practical, compassionate, and in places downright funny, Sutton shares case studies from major organizations and offers a self-diagnostic test to identify and keep your own "inner jerk" from coming out.
“As business challenges become more and more interpersonal, Sutton’s perspectives will be a welcome and lively lead into the convention,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “This promises to be a fun session, but also one that we all need to hear in managing our own businesses.”
Sutton’s research focuses on organizational change, leadership, innovation, and workplace dynamics. He’s published over 150 articles and chapters in peer-reviewed journals and management outlets, including the Harvard Business Review and the McKinsey Quarterly, as well as news outlets such as The New York Times, Financial Times and Wall Street Journal.
He has served as an advisor for McKinsey and a Fellow at IDEO, and is currently senior scientist at Gallup, and a consultant to GM, SAP, Salesforce, Capital One and Procter and Gamble.
Sutton’s other books include New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller, Good Boss, Bad Boss; Scaling Up Excellence, Weird Ideas That Work; The Knowing-Doing Gap (with Jeffrey Pfeffer); Hard Facts, Dangerous Half-Truths; and Total Nonsense (with Jeffrey Pfeffer). His latest book, The Asshole Survival Guide, is a continuation of his best-seller, The No Asshole Rule, and focuses on how to escape, endure and defeat people who treat you like dirt.
The United Fresh 2018 Keynote Breakfast will take place on Tuesday, June 25, from 8:00 to 10:00 am at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago. The event requires a United Fresh All Access Package.
Once again, United Fresh will co-locate with the Global Cold Chain Expo and the International Floriculture Expo, and new this year, the debut of the SmartFood Expo™ focused on fresh, healthy and better-for-you foods. Registration is available at www.unitedfreshshow.org. Media are invited to attend but must pre-register by contacting, United Fresh Senior Director of Marketing & Communications Mary Coppola.
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: