Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Anna Litwin from Ewa-Bis:
Poland: ''Dried snacks keep the flavour of fresh fruit and veg'
A recurring theme at this year's Fruit Logistica, across all halls, was that today's consumers want a variety of healthy snack options, which are easy to grab and go. Polish trader Ewa-Bis has come up with a concept to meet this demand and took the opportunity to show this new concept to visitors in Berlin.
"We have started to create a line of dried snacks in tubes, not dehydrated, which keeps the flavour and essence of the fruit or vegetable. All of the snacks are natural with no preservatives and are packed in tubes which are easy to take with them anywhere," shared Anna Litwin from Ewa-Bis.
The dried fruits and vegetables are the newest addition to a line of snack tubes with fresh fruits and vegetables, shown at last year's Fruit Attraction in Madrid. The fresh snack tubes are able to hold a variety of fruits and vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, blueberries and grapes, just to name a few. Anna said that that the possibilities are endless and can vary from season to season, with a shelf life of 5 to 7 days when kept cool.
"We are also busy developing the last phase of the snack tubes for the freezer section. The frozen tubes will contain fruits like mangoes, blueberries and strawberries and will contain a vanilla or chocolate sauce. This would give an option for those who want something a little sweeter and it could be added to ice cream or yogurt for a nice dessert."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: