- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Canada: SunSelect next in line for cannabis
Last fall, Canopy Growth announced it would develop up to three million square feet of greenhouse growing capacity at a pair of sites in B.C. to grow marijuana. Canopy Growth CEO Bruce Linton said in a statement last year the operator currently grows peppers, but millions would be spent in a transformation to cannabis production.
The name of that greenhouse operator, however, has been kept secret. Now it became clear it is SunSelect. We're not just talking about the recent adjustments being made to the greenhouse or the rumours going around in the industry, but simply point out a video in which Victor Krahn comments from the BC Tweed Joint Venture Inc about the transport of 100,000 pot plants from Ontario to B.C. You know, the same Victor Krahn who's the son of founders Gerhard & Louise Krahn of SunSelect Produce.
This follows the approval of BC Tweed Joint Venture Inc. by Health Canada to cultivate cannabis in a British Columbia greenhouse as of February 16th. The official news will probably be confirmed by Canopy Growth in a couple of hours, when the company will send out a news release.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Growing exotic fruit during cold, dark Icelandic winters thanks to geothermal energy
- 09/19/2018 Germany: Scarce cucumbers and high prices - but things are getting better
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/13/2018 Company-university partnership helps build Mexico’s greenhouse industry
- 09/13/2018 Freight Farms announces 'Grown'
- 09/12/2018 Growing bananas in a greenhouse with a steam machine
- 09/10/2018 “We’re heading towards the best cucumber season in years”
- 09/07/2018 Danes research greenhouse grow lamps
- 08/31/2018 New analysis of horticulture branch in the Danish Odense
- 08/30/2018 Mexican algorithm to control greenhouses wins competition in the Netherlands
- 08/30/2018 Disney greenhouse grows huge vegetables
- 08/29/2018 Urban greenhouse grower expands into romaine lettuce
- 08/22/2018 Greenhouse peppers see thinner supplies for now
- 08/16/2018 Canadian greenhouse cucumber supply strained
- 08/14/2018 French homeless shelter plans to build a greenhouse rooftop
- 08/06/2018 Hydroponic grower introduces 'Sea Beans'
- 07/20/2018 Food source scares result in increased demand for greenhouse lettuce
- 07/18/2018 "US: "Mini pepper category is now a core commodity"
- 07/17/2018 NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- 07/12/2018 US (NJ): Flower grower adds 4.4 ha retractable roof greenhouse