- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Big dip in profits for Fresh Del Monte in 2017
Sales in the fourth quarter amounted to 953.7 million dollars, a small decrease compared to the 954.6 million dollars in the fourth quarter of 2016. This slight decrease was caused by lower sales in the bananas and processed category. The downward trend for these categories was partly offset by higher sales in 'other fresh produce.'
The gross profit of the company fell by more than 100 million dollars and amounted to 331.6 million dollars (2016: 464.4 million dollars). This was mainly due to a lower price for bananas and processed products and higher distribution costs for the remaining fruit. The lower costs for sea transport partly offset the higher costs.
The operational income comes to 152.7 million dollars, a decrease compared to the 244.2 million dollars a year earlier. The comparable income stands at 155.1 million dollars (2016: 265.5 million dollars). Net income also fell from $ 225.1 million in 2016 to $ 120.8 million last year.
Nevertheless, CEO Mohammad Abu-Ghazaleh is positive: "We are satisfied with the momentum for diversifying our range in 2017. We have expanded our presence in the global market." The director points to the 18% growth that the assortment of freshly cut fruit went through. The company continues to look for growth opportunities. An example of this is the offer for Mann Packing that is still open.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 "Stable retail for imported kiwi fruit in Taiwanese market"
- 2018-11-16 Costa announces agreement for acquisition of Nangiloc Colignan farm
- 2018-11-15 "Good step taken by opening our own warehouse"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Agrofruit goes into liquidation
- 2018-11-15 MSC, A.P. Moller – Maersk, CMA CGM, Hapag-Lloyd and Ocean Network to establish container shipping association
- 2018-11-14 Carrefour guarantees freshness of fruit and vegetables
- 2018-11-14 Opening of store "Les Comptoirs de la Bio" on Reunion Island
- 2018-11-14 HHLA exceeds last year's high level
- 2018-11-14 Two promotions for healthy snacks and salads company
- 2018-11-14 New chapter opens up for Canadian microgreen growers
- 2018-11-14 UK company expands further into South Africa
- 2018-11-14 China: "The ROI of projects is more important than ever"
- 2018-11-13 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-11-13 Kiremko appoints General Sales Manager
- 2018-11-13 Vergro celebrates its 50th anniversary
- 2018-11-13 Mercato ortofrutticolo di Lusia: Slow exchanges and oscillating prices in October
- 2018-11-13 "We are going to have more kilos of tomatoes and new varieties"
- 2018-11-13 Lidl Poland launches promotion to encourage healthy eating
- 2018-11-13 Village Farms reports 11% decrease in sales
- 2018-11-13 New dynamic in South Africa for Agro Sélections Fruits