Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Switzerland: Coop growing and gaining in market shareWith 3.1% over the whole group and 1.4% in the retail trade, Coop is growing at an above average rate. The group turnover was CHF 29.2 billion in 2017. The profit rose by CHF 10 million to CHF 485 million.
In the sustainability area, Coop remains market leader with growth figures up 10.4% to CHF 4.3 billion. The organic products alone made CHF 1.4 billion for Coop (+ 10.7%). The e-commerce business also saw a sales growth of 18.5%, to CHF 1.7 billion.
The wholesale/production division also had a very fulfilling growth of 6.2% to CHF 13.0 billion.
The EBIT rose by 5.7%, to CHF 806 million. Both the retail and the wholesale/production segments contributed to this growth.
[1 Swiss Franc = 0,87 euro's]
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: