Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Switzerland: Coop growing and gaining in market shareWith 3.1% over the whole group and 1.4% in the retail trade, Coop is growing at an above average rate. The group turnover was CHF 29.2 billion in 2017. The profit rose by CHF 10 million to CHF 485 million.
In the sustainability area, Coop remains market leader with growth figures up 10.4% to CHF 4.3 billion. The organic products alone made CHF 1.4 billion for Coop (+ 10.7%). The e-commerce business also saw a sales growth of 18.5%, to CHF 1.7 billion.
The wholesale/production division also had a very fulfilling growth of 6.2% to CHF 13.0 billion.
The EBIT rose by 5.7%, to CHF 806 million. Both the retail and the wholesale/production segments contributed to this growth.
[1 Swiss Franc = 0,87 euro's]
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: