Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
99 Ranch Market partners with CFFAThe Chilean Fresh Fruit Association recently partnered with 99 Ranch Market on their Culinary Adventure Program. Designed to engage with future shoppers, the program teaches children important skills, such as food preparation and food safety.
During the Chilean Fruit cooking class, the chefs in training made delicious Chilean Peach Jello.
They also received Chilean fruit activity booklets, a free apron and won prizes for answering questions like what season it is in Chile, what fruits come from Chile and finding Chile on a world map.
Steve Hattendorf, merchandiser for the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association (CFFA) commented, “Kids cooking classes are a wonderful opportunity for us to get kids excited about and engaged with our fruit. They develop an appreciation for healthy food and also take away skills that they can build on throughout their lives.”
99 Ranch Market agrees. As the largest Asian supermarket chain in the United States (46 locations in California, Nevada, Texas, Washington, Oregon and New Jersey) this past year they started offering the Tawa Culinary Adventure program in four locations. They posted the class on social media including WeChat, a Chinese mobile app that has close to 1 Billion users.
A spokesperson for 99 Ranch states, “Chilean Peaches offer a rich treasure of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper. They are low in calories, contain no saturated fat or cholesterol, and are a good source of dietary fiber. Peaches support an overall healthy diet and provide vital nutrition for a healthy body. So, we’re happy to be teaching our little chefs a new recipe with these numerous health benefits.”
The Chilean Fresh Summer Fruit season which includes peaches, grapes, blueberries, cherries, nectarines and plums will continue through April.
For more information:
Chilean Fresh Fruit Association
Publication date: 2/20/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: