Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian international cargo terminal not yet boomingThough it has been three-and-a-half months since the launch of the international cargo terminal, exporters still shy away from the Visakhapatnam airport. And there are legitimate reasons for this.
There is the lack of cold rooms with multiple temperature controls as required for pharma products, fruits and vegetables. There are the higher tariffs for exports from Vizag as compared to Chennai and Hyderabad. Then there is no palletisation facility. And finally there is no direct flight to Dubai, the major gateway to the US and Europe.
“A palletisation facility is required for fresh goods like mangoes,” P. Sri Harsha, a mango farmer from Vizianagaram told The Hindu. “We had problems routing our mangoes from Vizag Airport last year and exported them through Hyderabad. The shipment cost to Hyderabad by road was high but we had no other choice.”
Publication date: 2/21/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: