- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Large Moldovan horticultural company plans to start exporting apples to Israel
- California Fresh Fruit Association statement on decertification
- Excellent quality but lower yields for pomegranates
- "We will never be the cheapest producer in the world"
- Spain: An autochthonous mango variety that has no strands, is sweeter, and a smaller caliber
Indian international cargo terminal not yet booming
There is the lack of cold rooms with multiple temperature controls as required for pharma products, fruits and vegetables. There are the higher tariffs for exports from Vizag as compared to Chennai and Hyderabad. Then there is no palletisation facility. And finally there is no direct flight to Dubai, the major gateway to the US and Europe.
“A palletisation facility is required for fresh goods like mangoes,” P. Sri Harsha, a mango farmer from Vizianagaram told The Hindu. “We had problems routing our mangoes from Vizag Airport last year and exported them through Hyderabad. The shipment cost to Hyderabad by road was high but we had no other choice.”
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 China: JD.com wants to ship fruit from all over the world to China in 48 hours
- 09/21/2018 UAE: Etihad refreshes freight network to concentrate on core trade lanes
- 09/20/2018 A.P. Moller - Maersk takes next steps in integration to improve customer experience
- 09/19/2018 "Major lack of space for logistics in the Rotterdam region"
- 09/19/2018 Maersk to change fuel adjustment surcharge ahead of the 2020 sulphur cap
- 09/19/2018 New buildings for Hoogsteder Group: First pile driven into the ground
- 09/18/2018 Will Amazon buy German supermarket chain Real?
- 09/18/2018 Turkish Cargo ships blackberries to Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh and Hong Kong
- 09/18/2018 Hurricane Florence: Ports of Wilmington and Morehead City remain closed
- 09/17/2018 Coast to coast railroad line across South America planned
- 09/14/2018 India: Coimbatore airport sends first perishable export shipment by bonded trucking
- 09/14/2018 Next round of tariffs may hit container shipping harder
- 09/14/2018 CMA CGM celebrates 40 years
- 09/13/2018 “Asia a growing sales market for fruit and vegetables”
- 09/13/2018 Should shippers pass on congestion costs?
- 09/12/2018 Haulage company Nagel-Group wants to raise prices significantly
- 09/10/2018 Fresh produce send via air freight becoming more popular
- 09/07/2018 “Westland will be completely full in a few years”
- 09/07/2018 MOOY Logistics Waddinxveen becomes Gartner Holland B.V.
- 09/07/2018 Delivery of 14,000-TEU containership “ONE AQUILA”